philippe_44 wrote:
> I'm not following what's the setup in 2/. Is this correct
>
> - You are controlling LMS from iPeng
> - You have the local playback extension (squeezelite) in iPeng, on your
> iPad and iPhone
> - You have another AirPlay device in sync with this iPad & iPhone (using
> squeezelite on iPeng)

Yes. And another squeezlite player running on the piCore Raspi (and some
other devices as Kodi with XSqueeze, but they weren't active during the
tests).

> - On one of the device, you play something locally

Well, I'm not sure whether "locally" is the right word. But yes: In
iPeng's list of (synched) players, one of the players is the iPad iPeng
is running on. So this iPad plays music (coming from the LMS server)
"locally" or sends it to a Bluetooth speaker. And while this is
happening, whenever you start another sound source on this iPad, LMS
playback stops on all players (i.e. not only on the iPad).

> I'm missing the connection between iPeng/squeezelite and AirPlay
hmm... perhaps you are right... I automatically supposed that this issue
was related to the Airplay bridge because the effect was very similar to
the one you fixed. I can't find anything related to the sudden stopping
of the playback in der server log (or perhaps I haven't found the
correct logging options yet), though, only the "pause" command in the AP
bridge log.

PCP (always latest version) on RasPi 3 with PhatDac (player & server)
PCP on several RasPis 2 +3
2 Airplay speakers (Sony SA-NS510) integrated via Airplay Bridge Plugin