I'm having a lot of trouble with what appears to be buffering issues.

Spotty starts fine and plays fine for quite a while (one or two songs),
but then hangs for a period of 10 seconds or so, then resumes playing
for a little while before hanging for even longer. It continues to get
worse and worse as time goes on till it is essentially not playing.
Spotty becomes very unresponsive at this stage.

I am running LMS 7.9.1 on a raspberry pi3 with max2play (latest
version), and controlling squeezelite with ipeng on an iphone.

I experimented with putting the cache at 1500 and 1000, but wasn't sure
what the optimal settings for a raspberry pi3 were.