Phil Meyer;157997 Wrote:
> Slimserver handles similar situations by using the artistsort of
> contributing artists when they are present, otherwise not using a sort.
> Eg. for BAND, COMPOSER, etc.  I was thinking that when scaning for
> ORIGARTIST tags, it could look for the artist in the slimserver artists
> table and use the artistsort for that entry.  If it didn't find the
> artist there, it could use the artist name as a sort name (quite a few
> will be the band name anyway).  It would be a bonus if customscan then
> looked for an ORIGARTISTSORT so it would be possible to sort correctly
> by surname when an artist name is used that doesn't already exist in
> the main library.The handling regarding this is now improved in the just
> released Custom
Scan 1.10:
1. A new option is available for the Custom Tag module making it
possible to specify sort tag mapping. So you can specify that
ORIGARTIST=ORIGARTISTSORT.
2. If enabled in the Custom Browse menu the sorting will be performed
as:
- 1. Sort by ARTISTSORT from the contributors in slimserver if
contributor exist (if checked in Custom Browse menu configuration)
- 2. Sort by a custom tag if specified in Custom Browse configuration
(Not very useful, see below for more info)
- 3. Sort according to sort mapping specified in the Custom Tag module
settings (If the sort tag exist)
- 4. Sort by the actual tag value scanned with Custom Tag

The previous sort tag specification in the Custom Browse menus are
still available, although I don't think there will be any real cases
where it make any sense. Most cases should be better solved with the
Custom Tag sort mapping option together with the ARTISTSORT. The only
case where the custom tag specified in Custom Browse would make any
sense is if you want to override the sorting for a specific Custom Tag
menu but still have the standard sorting in the other Custom Tag menus.
I just left the option there since it was already implemented.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'