Antoniop, you're a prince! SELinux is definitely the problem, only
changing it to "permissive" mode (as you outlined) , which lowers
security to non-enforced warnings, allows MusipIP to be run as a systemd
service before LMS at startup, works. I did this on two different
computers, and on one of them, changing SELinux to the wrong mode
"broke" it so that the computer would not boot. A lot of research and
time was required to find the solution, going to Grub and adding an
entry  selinux=0 allowed me to reboot and get MusicIP working. To anyone
doing this, I highly recommend that you have a complete image backup to
reinstall if you're going to try this. Installing LMS 7.91 on Fedora 26
with MusicIP is possible, but there are quite a few steps involved. I'm
going to try to summarize the process Antoniop was so kind to create to
make it easy to follow for anyone wanting to do so in the next few
days.

Now as far as the MusicMagicMixer GUI, I tried it out, but it didn't
work. No error message on the command line, but journal -xe showed:
tracker-store[3506]: Could not create FTS delete statement: no such
tokenizer: TrackerTokenizer.

After the GUI, I think I'll try out spicefly.....