Hi there,

If you've tried to use 'Spotty'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=107615) on your NAS
device but failed due to some incompatibility, here's something for you:
Thanks to forum user jr01 and 'Jörg Krause'
(https://github.com/joerg-krause/rust-cross-libs) I've finally been able
to compile Spotty for previously un-supported systems based on an ARMv5
(armel) processor. From the feedback I got these are particularly
popular in Synology and QNAP NAS systems.

Before I'm integrating them with the main Spotty plugin I'd like it to
be tested. In order to do so please install Spotty and the new
SpottyARMv5Bin plugins. Then try to configure Spotty from the LMS web UI
(Settings/Advanced/Spotty). You might need to enter username/password as
discovery mode seems to crash. But that's better than nothing, isn't it?
:-)

Please give this a try and let me know about your findings!

(Unfortunately this still won't help if you were running a PowerPC based
NAS.)

Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - MusicArtistInfo, MusicInfoSCR