d6jg wrote:
> IMHO this is a waste of time. If you ever get LMS successfully installed
> on a 212 you are more than likely to find it broken after the next
> firmware update.
> Leave your music on the QNAP but get yourself a Pi3 install piCorePlayer
> and then LMS and point it at the NAS. It's not difficult and now far
> better supported (by us) than LMS directly on a NAS. It's also quicker
> in my experience.
>
> PS I have run LMS on 2 QNAPs in the past and still store my music on one
> with backups on 2 others but for LMS itself I have used alternate
> hardware for some years. I wouldn't go back even if LMS 7.9.x became
> fully supported by QNAP themselves again.

Couldn't agree more! Having moved to a relatively inexpensive Raspberry
Pi3, and after a bit of back and forth to the forum to set it up
correctly, I am finding it fast, easy to update LMS, handles FLAC 24/192
effortlessly, and scans the library on the NAS in a third of the time
than the NAS did it. Rescans take only a couple of minutes. I went back
to LMS on the NAS momentarily and found it slow and frustrating.

Regards, David

*Server* pi3 pCP LMS
*Media* ReadyNAS DuoV2
*Lounge/dining areas* SBT > Denon AVR2113  > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix
Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB turntable, Stanton
680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp etc)
*Family/kitchen* SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix
C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
*Alfresco* as above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
*Others* SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
*SBT/SB Player Remotes* Squeeze Ctrl/androids