The title says it all :-)

23700

I'm currently playing a Daily Mix on my Transporter. Spotify Connect
support - what does that mean:

- Control Spotify playback on your Squeezebox using Spotify's
  applications (desktop, mobile)
- Get access to (some of - see below) the Spotify content which is not
  available through their API yet, thus can't be accessed through the
  plugin
- Transfer Spotify playback from your office Squeezebox to your phone
  to your car to your phone to your home Squeezebox

As the title says, this is still somewhat experimental. It's a bit of a
hack, but it's the best I could get done so far (and I've failed many
other approaches...). So here's the list of open issues and limitations
I'm aware of already (though I bet people will skip this part and ask
about them anyway...):

- If you want to transfer playback from one device to another you'd
  have to do this using Spotify's apps. I haven't updated the menu item
  in Spotty yet.
- No Windows support (yet)
- For whatever reason Spotify would not allow me to play Podcasts to
  Spotty
- The metadata display can sometimes get slightly out of sync.
  Squeezebox would show the next track's metadata 5-10s before it
  actually starts playing (whil the previous track was still active)
- No volume control from Spotify's side
- Turning Spotify Connect off for a player would not always kill the
  daemon. Restart LMS to get rid of it, if this bothers you.
- Spotify's limitations apply: if you play music to your Squeezebox
  using Connect, you cannot listen to Spotify on your phone or any other
  Spotify Connect endpoint.

Looks like a lot of limitations compared to the number of feature bullet
points :-).

If you want to give this Spotty Connect a try anyway, go to
Settings/Player/Spotty and enable the feature for the device(s) you
want. Please note that every activated player will launch a daemon in
the background. Be careful if you run LMS on a NAS with 256MB or even
less...

Many thanks go to marcelveldt who inspired me with his Spotify
implementation for Kodi!

|Filename: Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-22 um 08.34.30.png                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23700|

Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - MusicArtistInfo, MusicInfoSCR