RobbH wrote:
> This is certainly great news for your Max2Play users!
>
> I don't suppose you're willing to share any tips that might help the
> rest of us get Google Music working again? I'm running Debian Jessie on
> X86_64.

As you asked me in the "Google music plugin" thread in the "General
discussion" sub forum: I am actually running max2play on an Odroid U3
server (LMS 7.9 nightly, but haven't updated to the latest version of
that for ~5 weeks). I didn't use max2play's GPM installer but installed
it the manual way as described on askvictor's github site. At some point
it stopped working for me. I didn't get the skipping and prematurely
finishing tracks, it just didn't playback anymore at all. It showed to
start some playback but would just go back the start of the initial
track without playing any sound after 1-5 seconds. Initially I tried to
solve the issue with the fix described here:

https://github.com/hechtus/squeezebox-googlemusic/issues/102

But that didn't solve it. I also tried a complete re-installation of the
plugin (first removing it as completely as I could), but that also
didn't help. Then I found those comments that disabling IPv6 (in your
router/network config) would fix it, and that solved it for me. I didn't
revert the fix described in the link above, so it's not totally clear if
the IPv6 fix or a combination of both fixed the issue.

I know this isn't extremely helpful as your earlier posts in this thread
indicate that you tried those fixes already. But maybe it at least gives
you some confidence that the issue can be solved without max2play's
installer update...

Cheers,
Seb

"The only word I know is 'Grunt' - and I can't spell it" (R.I.P. D.A.)