I'm afraid I can't advise.

I installed Gentoo partly because I have not tried a Gentoo system
before and partly because I knew everything would be built on the
systems which is the way I like it.  The fact that base Gentoo is
prebuilt helps a lot as many builds on Kuro take a long time (e.g. up
to 24hrs) - so it is not a system if you are in a hurry.

Against that I have no additional support setup  for me e.g. web
interface  so it is very much a bare system and management is at shell
and conf file level.

>From the Kuro forums I got the feeling that Debian was gaining support
from Sylver but I may be wrong.

--