1. Play a playlist from the Spotify app.  Pause music from LMS Web UI
(Spotify App shows music as paused).  Play music from LMS Web UI (Music
starts playing, but Spotify App does not update status... still shows as
paused.)

I think I've seen this, too. Noted.

2. Play a playlist from the Spotify app.  Next, I run a script which
calls the SB CLI to do the following (among other things)... Pauses the
music, call "playlist save" CLI command, play a Google TTS audio alert,
wait until alert stops playing, call the "playlist resume" CLI command.
Again, the spotify music starts playing, but the Spotify App does not
update the status... still shows as paused.  However, this time if I
wait till the end of the song, the next song in the Spotify playlist
does not start playing.  Perhaps this is an issue with the "playlist
resume" and "playlist save" CLI functionality when using remote streams,
but I never noticed this before.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Ok, that's likely an issue with the playlist commands I'm not listening to. Will take a look into this, too. BTW: aren't you doing what the "playlist preview" command would do automatically?

--

Michael