On 17/12/06, jamespo
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>From the looks of this program I'd love to use it.

I run slimserver (latest 6.5.1) on a centos 4 linux box and have (I
believe) configured it correctly after messing around with the DB
settings to allow remote hosts to connect...

I am running the program on vista and it can't seem to save the
mouse.moo file... or connect to my library, difficult to say where it
is failing

EDIT: sorry the subject line is out of date - it doesn't cause
slimserver to crash any more, but I am having this library problem. It
can connect and show currently playing track etc...

After removing the bind address line from the mysql settings file, you'll need
to make sure mysql is restarted.. Im not sure how it all works on linux, but
on windows you can just kill the mysqld.exe process, edit the tt file, then
restart the server to kick it off again. You have to do this each time you
upgrade slimserver..

The other gotcha is not downloading the mysql connectors for Moose. I think
the error message is more friendly for this one though..

Other reasons for problems are firewalls and 'fast scans'..

What's the exact error that Moose gives when you try to start a scan ?

HTH,

--
- Dr Lovegrove
http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove