Two things happened: I did not encounter these empty results anymore
(Squeezeplay) and the search (WebUI) for "321" did not find the album I
mentioned earlier (but it was scanned, of course). "321" finds one
album/artist now (WebUI) "Home > Search > Artists (321) > Leonard
Hokanson > The Piano Collection", and yet again I don't know why.

Hmm... now that's odd: it looks as if your LMS was looking in the id column, too, not only the full text index. 321 is Leonard Hokanson's id in the full text table...

Could you please check what version of DBD::SQLite is shown in Settings/Information (web UI)?

--

Michael