Just installed 2.1.10 and have no playback when played from within LMS
but tracks change on the display  and no daemons running for connect. It
looks as though the helper still does not run unless run as root on
max2play.
I cannot easily go back to the old helper either so unfortunately
Spotify is broken for me.

We'll figure something out...

slartibartfast, lalu01, gwlevans - are you all running max2play? If so, what exact build?

While I've built on Raspbian (on which max2play is based, too), there seems to be a pattern with spotty failing on that distro. I'm trying to build a system myself, but want to start with exactly what you have.

--

Michael