mherger wrote:
> > - ::*Music Feed - Purchased 'Heart'*::
> > - ::*Music Feed - Wishlist 'Heart' & Pricing*::
> >    There are 2 aspects to this - Sometimes the price is shown
> directly,
> >    but if the artist
> >    offers more than one purchase type (i.e. Digital, CD, Vinyl), a
> link
> >    must first be clicked.
>
> Hmm... can add this to the bucket list. But it'll probably take time
> before it makes it to the top :-). In particular the second part: SB/LMS
>
> would never be the primary place to "manage" your collection, would it?
> After all you can't browse all those links.
>
> > - *Music Feed* - Toggle to exclude 'You own this' items
> > - *Music Feed* - Toggle to exclude 'You own this' and marked
> >    'Wishlist' items
> > - *Music Feed* - Possible to get more than 60 in the feed?  200?
>
> All three suffer from the same issue: getting the feed is slow. I first
> set it to 200. But it sometimes took 10-20s to get the list, as I don't
> know (yet) how to get more than 20 items in one request. And every
> request is pretty slow already. The fact that the "response times" for
> every sub-query are part of the result set tells me that the bandcamp
> devs are aware of the costliness of that request. The data for twenty
> (or 25?) is about 160kB of JSON data. 200 items would be in the Megabyte
>
> range!
>
> If in addition I had to check against your library (which must be up to
> date all the time, of course), that would kill it.
>
> There's a constant MAX_FEED_ITEMS at the top of Bandcamp/API.pm. Feel
> free to tweak it to see how it behaves on your system.
>

> --
>
> Michael

API.pm - Will do.  Thanks for the info.

Regarding the symbols & filtering, I guess I just thought that since the
colored heart (orange or red) is displayed on the web page & mobile app,
that this data must already be coming down in the request.

The same with (at least some of) the pricing since it's displayed on the
web page and in the mobile app.

20 items feels about right when using the BC app. I know I have to force
another request to get the next set - I've just never done a count.

1 x Transporter w/Trans-knob, 2 x Touch (Active, 3 x Spares), 4 x Boom
(Active, 8 x Spares)
1 x Win Server (ESXi 6.x) w/LMS
1 x HP 24" Touch Screen PC w/LMS & SqueezePlay)
4 x iDevices w/iPeng app/player
1 x Samsung Note 4, 3ea x Fire 7", 8” tablets, 1 x 10" all w/SqueezeCtrl
& Player (Angry Goat)
Mark Levinson 23.5 Amp, 380s Pre, 390s CD
B&W 801 II, Acoustic Energy AE-1 signature
SOTA Sapphire table

Computer geek/tech hoarder(!), and DAMN I love the LMS/Squeeze
infrastructure!