Alex

The Artist (top left) displays correctly on my SB3 for mp3s, but not for wmas. I know that my wmas have the Artist and Album Artist tags populated. I only get NOW PLAYING in the Artist position for wmas, while I see the Artist's Name in the Artist position for mp3s.

This is odd. MIS does not "create" this information itself but uses SlimServer's own standard methods to get tags displayed. I guess they show up in the standard Now Playing screen?

By the way, I'm running 6.5.

What version of the plugin are you using? Please update to the latest (if you haven't).

If you feel comfortable editing a source code file open Plugins/MusicInfoSCR/Info.pm in a text editor (something more powerful than notepad - wordpad should do), go down to line 218 and remove the hash # from the following line:

$::d_plugins && msg("MusicInfoSCR: empty artist/album? '$tmpFormattedString'\n");

Restart SlimServer and turn on d_plugins from Server Settings/Debugging. Open the log file (link near the top of that page): does the above "warning" show up? How does it look?

Replacing an empty value for ALBUM with the "now playing" string is a feature. But it shouldn't kick in in your case as there's information for the album.

Let me know if you have any thoughts. I'm hoping I won't have to convert the WMAs to mp3s to get the tags to work!

You should not need to do so. I'm sure you're not the only one out there using WMAs. Could you probably send me or upload a copy of a small WMA file showing that behaviour?

--

Michael