Many thanks for the reply.
mherger wrote:
> > Operating system: FreeNAS/SlimNAS v2.0.2 >
> > on FreeNAS 0.7.2 Sabanda (revision 8191)
>
> Wow... This must have been in place for years without updated?... You'd
>
> have to build that perl module yourself. Which would require a setup of
>
> FreeBSD 6 (IIRC). Really, this is ancient... Maybe get a Pi to run LMS?

I've stayed at FreeNAS 0.7.2 because (afaik) it's the last release of
FreeNAS on which I can run SlimNAS (as per info on your page at
http://www.herger.net/slim/detail.php@nr=1026)

Any pointers on my best option for a different (free) NAS, using the
same hardware, on which I can run LMS would be very much welcomed.

Thanks.