pippin wrote:
> What happens if you "hold" "Play this mix" instead of tapping it?
> Can you list the mix and maybe try to play it by tapping one of the
> tracks?
First, I forgot to say that I upgraded the iPhone and iPad Mini to iOS
11.3.1 yesterday morning.

Next, I should describe how, if I recall correctly, creating MusicIP
mixes used to work in iPeng (on either iPhone or iPad): I'd navigate to
a track in the Music Folder (Artist>Album>Track), and press and hold the
track. This opened the long menu of options for the track, and at the
bottom of that was 'Create MusicIP Mix'. Tap that, and the mix was
created and dispalyed, with 'Play this mix' at the top. I think in the
past that tapping 'Play this mix' caused the play to start. Or you could
press & hold it, to reveal a set of 'Play this mix' options: Add to end
/ Play / Play Next.

This is, of course, all analogous to what I see on the LMS webGUI, and
on the menus of the SB Classics, where creating MusicIP mixes is still
working as it should.

But now, in iPeng on the iPhone and iPad, the process seems to be
broken. Everything works to the point where the mix is created, with the
'Play this mix' button at the top. But in iPeng on the iPhone, sometimes
nothing happens if you tap 'Play this mix' nor if you press and hold it.
But occasionally a single tap immediately displays the options submenu
(Add to end / Play / Play Next); however none of them seem to do
anything.

In iPeng on the iPad, after creating a mix, tapping the 'Play this mix'
button at the top displays the options submenu 'Add to end / Play / Play
Next'. (Press and hold does nothing). Curiously, when you select any of
the options to Add to end / Play / Play Next, nothing usually happens;
but on very rare occassions, 'Add to end' actually does add the mix to
the current play list, and it can then be played.

In other words, the webGUI and the SB Classic interfaces work fine (and
so does SqueezePlay on my Mac); but iPeng is not working, but in ways
that are not exactly the same on iPhone and iPad. (There seems to be
some instability, so that the behaviour of iPeng may differ from
occassion to occasion.)

Is there any point in doing a 'Flush Cache' in iPeng on both iDevices?
Or might it be better to delete the app completely from the devices, and
reinstall? I can't think of anything else I can try at my end.

But you may have some ideas?

Thanks for your help and advice.