edwin2006 wrote:
> Sorry to say but the players individually in sync works pretty good
> after the initially start which take a few seconds. But when they are in
> group player they are not really in sync, you hear a kind of echo effect
> when you are able to hear more than one device.
> Since the party guest where arriving I decided for regular sync.

Okay, I took a look at the 'normal' sync settings and noticed what I
think might be the issue.  My 'RELATIVE VOLUME SYNCHRONIZATION' is OFF,
but if I turn it ON it seems like the players are constantly 'adjusting'
their volume levels.

This constant 'hunting' of the volume on the other players is what I
think is causing what sounds like a phase/time shift between the
players.
This is all kind of weird to me.  You would think that the volume would
not get adjusted unless/until some action was taken on the lead device.

When using 'Groups', adjusting the volume of the group does adjust all
the players, so my guess is Groups has 'RELATIVE VOLUME SYNCHRONIZATION'
enabled.

Perhaps this option should be exposed when setting up a group so it
could be disabled if desired.

25087

|Filename: sync options.JPG                                         |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25087|

*Player: *1 x Transporter w/Trans-knob, 2 x Touch (Active, 3 x Spares),
4 x Boom (Active, 9 x Spares)
*Server: *1 x Win Server (ESXi 6.x) w/LMS, 1 x HP 24" Touch Screen PC
w/LMS & SqueezePlay
*Control: *4 x w/iPeng, 1 x Samsung Note 4, 3ea x Fire 7", 8” tablets, 1
x 10" all w/SqueezeCtrl & Player (Angry Goat)
*Audio: *Mark Levinson 23.5 Amp, 380s Pre, 390s CD, B&W 801 II, Acoustic
Energy AE-2 signature, SOTA Sapphire table

Computer geek/tech hoarder(!), and DAMN I love the LMS/Squeeze
infrastructure!