mherger wrote:
> > I tried turning on Spotify Connect within Spotty at one point and
> > noticed the sound quality seemed much worse.
> > Is/Was this expected?
>
> It's your imagination. From a streaming point of view it's exactly the
> same, whether you start playing a track through LMS or Spotify. LMS is
> told to play track XYZ from Spotify. Only the way how LMS is told about
>
> this is different.
>
> --
>
> Michael
ah, ok, interesting.
I just did some A/B testing and might have identified why I thought the
sound quality was worse when going to "spotify connect" control.
It seems when I turn on spotify connect control and connect my iphone as
the device, the volume of the squeezebox is being set to a much lower
volume (I assume bc the classic SB volume is being matched to the volume
that was last set on the spotify device and being set to that without
any warning).

Is this how it's expected to work? Is there a way to ensure the SB
remains at 100% volume or is that simply the way spotify connect works.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Dan