NFLnut wrote:

> Main reason being, I don't want to accidentally and unsecurely blow open
> a port on the innerwebz for every script kiddie on the planet to play
> with.

Sure, understood. Good news then - this isn't necessary now - you can
use 'the new MQTT transport'
(https://github.com/declension/squeeze-talexa/blob/master/docs/MQTT.md)
instead if that takes your fancy. This requires no ports to be opened,
no LMS plugins to be installed, and no security settings to be changed,
though definitely a fair bit of setup still. It's a little "beta" still
(and not as fast) but it's working for me.

> Therefore, and until future notice, I guess I am out. Kudos however to
> meep and nickb for taking the plunge. Maybe someday old geezers like me
> can find our Alexa/Echoes useful.

Thanks :D