PasTim wrote:
> Not my day.  I did a quick try with pcm, but my reply got lost because I
> exceeded the sleep time here.  I have almost no short term memory left,
> and now can't remember what I did and wrote (at the same time). The gist
> of it is that I can't seem to get any pcm to work properly at all.  When
> it does play I get noise - could the byte order be wrong?  With many
> options it fails to play at all.
>
> I think that in the best case (played but with noise) I had reset the
> codecs to flc,pcm,mp3 , max 96000, raw, pcm, 96000, (max on or off - no
> difference), 24, packed type 1.
>
> Sorry I can't be more precise now.  I purge my logs on restart because
> otherwise it's long and I can't find anything, so I have no evidence.
>
> To get a playing system I reinstalled c3po, set upnp to no encoding, max
> 192000, sending uncompressed flac.  This seems to work for all flacs.
>
> On the upnp log (at standard info level) it doesn't say what rate is
> being played. Is that intended?  I do see a line saying

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > process_start:1151 [0x6c8080]: codec:c, ch:0, s:0, r:0

--------------------

That's really strange - except the 24 bits /packed PCM case that I'm not
able to test due to lack of HW, I don't have issues with pcm mode. Just
for clarity, I've tried another version of the UI to help understanding
better the parameters.

But for example, when you set, "sample size" to 24 bits and do
transcoding (use anything except empty or 'none'), then everything is
*forced* to 24 bits. While if you leave sample size empty (now I've
called that "source" hoping that it will be more clear), the sample size
of the source is used, whatever it is.

In other words, if you have a 16 bits flac file and you've set transcode
to pcm, the the flac is decoded and transmitted in 16 bits pcm. If the
source is a 24 bits, then the 24 bits packing rule applies. But if you
have set sample size to 24, then even if you send an 8 bits mp3 file, it
will be decompressed, upgraded to 24 bits and send as 24 bits pcm

So in your case if I made mistake with 24 bits packed pcm and you've
forced sample size at 24, then nothing will play, vs if you had left it
to "source", only 24 bits files wouldl be affected.

Again, I immensly appreciate your help but I don't want that to be to
too much of a pain or stress for you, so if it is, don't worry, I'll
find another way to test

Regards

AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5