PasTim wrote:
> I can't see it as irrelevant at all.  Forgive me.  If you are playing
> wav the rules will be different.

I mean it's the same concept/category/family of problems: a
missing/problematic transcoding rule. You start from flc, in my example
I started from wav, but I could do the same example with a flc file

> For years I played 192000 flac tracks on a Touch that didn't support
> that (it does now with a different kernel), and had no suspicion that
> LMs wasn't downsampling to 96000 flac.  I can generally make little
> sense of convert.conf (even though I did create a custom rule once).
> Still, near the end it does seem to have a flc to flc transcode rule:

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> Something is really seriously wrong if HD flacs are being downsampled
> to mp3 (the last codec in the list).

I'm struggling as well sometimes with exactly how the convert.conf rules
are used, but I assume that your flc->flc rules is not applied before the
flc->mp3 rule. If you could give me a server.log with the previously
mentionned debug level, I would be able to tell you what's happening.
Re Touch, I'd have to check but bear in mind the the LMS code sometimes
treats differently player types, I know that from having looked
extensively into some parts

AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5