I set up two LMS servers, one on Windows the other on piCorePlayer
(RPi), and set a player on each (Radio and piCorePlayer respectively) to
play the RP Main flac stream.

Obviously, they weren't synchronised, but they did play the same tracks
for a while, until one player (Radio) 'skipped', to a different track to
the one which followed on the other player (piCorePlayer):

piCorePlayer: "Pretty Bird" (Jenny Lewis) -> "Red Virgin Soil" (Agnes
Obel) -> "Burn" (Norah Jones) -> "Sedated" (Choir of Young Believers)

Radio: "Pretty Bird" -> "Sedated".

So, the Radio skipped two tracks on this occasion.

Stopping and restarting the Radio "re-syncs" the player/server to the
current track in the stream.

While I was writing this, the Radio skipped again, to "Frederick" (Patti
Smith), several tracks ahead of the piCorePlayer, this track actually
occurring after a Bill message subsequently heard between tracks (i.e.
not an interruption) on the the piCorePlayer.

During this experiment, there were no Bill interruptions to playing
tracks, and RP's own web-player and the piCorePlayer stayed aligned,
track-wise.

The piCorePlayer setup seems at least a lot less likely to skip, perhaps
not skipping at all (though I have yet to prove this to myself); the
problem seems to afflict the Windows server.

Living room: SB Touch, with coax to: Marantz PM7005, TDL RTL3 speakers.
Dining room: SB Boom.
Kitchen: SB Radio 1/4 with battery.
Bedroom 1: SB Radio 2/4 no battery, SB Radio 3/4 with battery.
Bedroom 2: SB3 1/2, AE 2.1. speakers.
Bedroom 3: Slim Devices SB3 2/2, Edirol MA-15D powered monitors.
Bathroom: SB Radio 4/4, white, with (and running on) battery.
Server: LMS v7.9.1 on WSE 2012 R2, HP Proliant Gen8 G1610T, 2.3GHz, 8GB.