psollich wrote:
> PS: I seem to have got a possibly related issue where on listen again
> the bass suddenly disappears from the signal - this is mostly but not
> always fixed by switching to a live station and then back to iplayer.
> Could this be linked to the change of format that your update fixed?

This issue has been noted on the Radio thread (I think). Switching to a
stream with a different audio sample rate does fix the problem, because
the jive-alsa program on the Radio effectively resets the sound chip
when the sample rate is changed.

If you can determine what actually triggers the problem, you will be my
hero. I haven't experienced it in a while (I have two radios, both
impacted), and it is/was only very occasional. My initial, tentative,
hypothesis was that it is hardware related. But it may well have
something to do with some weirdness related to particular streams.