tullis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First time posting here, but have long been a user of Slimdevices,
> Squeezeboxes, LMS, iPlayer Plugin, iPlayer Extras etc.
> Many thanks to bpa, mrw, Triode et al for all of the hard work you have
> put in to this excellent platform and in-particular the BBC iPlayer
> support.
>
> I got hit by the recent 404 issue, so all of my players suddenly stopped
> being able to get iPlayer content.
>
> I've upgraded to version 1.6 of the iPlayer plugin (and iPlayer Extras
> 2.0) which has fixed half of my players, but I am still left with a
> problem on two of them.
>
> My players are:
>
> * SBPlayer on Android
> * Logitech SB Radio
> * Logitech SB Receiver x 2
>
> The SB Radio works, and the SBPlayer on Android works, but the Receivers
> (aka Duets) do not play any streams. Neither Listen Live nor Listen
> Again.
> They give a "Can't open file for: $whatever" error, although the
> programme information appears to be OK.
>
> From reading these forums/fora I believe that this is probably something
> to do with the transcoding, and possibly the receiver's lack of native
> support for AAC. However it was definitely working beforehand and I
> can't see any related error messages.
>
> I have unfortunately muddied the water somewhat by upgrading LMS from
> 7.8.1 to 7.9.1 at the same time and I don't know which element has
> caused the problem.
>
> Here are some details of the setup:
>
> Location: UK
> LMS Version: 7.9.1 (Upgraded from 7.8.1)
> Host: Debian (wheezy) (Currently upgrading to stretch)
> iPlayer plugin: 1.6.0
> iPlayer Extras: 2.0
> Repo URL: {sourceforge}project/bpaplugins/V154testrelease-repo.xml
> Live Stream Preference: DASH > HLS > MP3 > FlashAAC
> On Demand Stream Preference: DASH > HLS > MP3 > FlashAAC
> Transcoding: Enabled
> OnAir Text: Enabled
> Bitrate: Use highest available for DASH (On Demand and Live)
> faad version 2.7 (Debian packaged)
> flac/lame also installed and enabled in the File Types -> AAC Stream
> Format Decoder
>
> I found an old PlayHLS plugin enabled, which I don't think that I need
> any more, so I deleted that but it didn't make any difference.
>
> I tried disabling and re-enabling the transcoding (including restarting
> LMS) but it didn't make any difference.
>
> There is nothing particularly relevant in the server.log file but I
> haven't tried enabling any debug logging at the moment.
>
> I could downgrade LMS, but I'd rather try upgrading faad/flac/lame
> first, rather than just sticking with what I had before.
>
> If anyone could help to shed any light on the matter, I'd be most
> grateful. Thanks.

The BBCiPlayer update only changed the URLs which are used to fetch BBC
data - no substantive change to code - so problem probably lies in AAC
and transcoding.

PlayHLS is not needed not used by BBCiPlayer.   PlayHLS is used to play
m3u8 stream - it will notplay BBC HLS streams unless you save a BBC HLS
URLS as a favorite.

Check that LMS Bin faad and flac actually run on your system ? do you
run a 32 bit or 64 bit kernel ?

As an independent test of AAC - try playing the AAC stream
http://www.somafm.com/illstreet64.pls