mherger wrote:
> > But you see the same music. Its just the modes of browsing that would
> be
> > different.
>
> No, it's not the same music. I implemented library views because I
> didn't want to see my kids' music, and they only wanted to see theirs.
>
> > To filter the music would mean changing the library - and the skin
> does
> > support virtual libraries.
>
> You can expose a browse menu which is limited to a library view without
>
> switching the library. Right now (0.0.7) I'm getting the kids music
> right at the top of my "More" menu. Definitely what I had in mind when I
>
> implemented this :-)

The current 'Additional Browse Modes" ignores the library_id setting -
I'll fix this for the next release.

I can see your point of view. And I assume for your usage scenario you
have (e.g.) "Michael's Music" mode, which is only shown on certain
players. And, I can see why this would be nice on a hardware player - so
as to limit the number of choices. But for a web UI I'm not 100%
convinced on the need for separate views per player. This would mean
that when your son, is in another room they cannot see their selection
of music, only what is shown for the player in that room.

IMHO, the idea of a global library view makes more sense. Then your son
simply sets that in his controller, and whichever room he's in / player
he's using, he gets the same list of choices.