MainSqueeze wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> First off, thanks for one of my favourite apps!
>
> Secondly, back on 17 March, near the start of this thread, you were
> wondering how long Bandcamp's ID cookies might last. Well, I've been
> using mine since April and it still works -- I can add tracks and albums
> to my wishlist on Bandcamp's website, for example, and then listen to
> them through the plugin -- so those ID cookies may well be permanent,
> but that's probably too good to be true.
>
> Anyway, thanks again from someone who's been on BC since 2010, when
> artists still followed its eminently sensible advice on pricing:
>
> 'While we have your attention, we would like to discourage you from
> doing one-penny-off pricing (e.g., $0.99, $9.99, $11.99). Though it may
> be an effective tactic for selling waterbeds, cell phone plans, and
> Angry Birds 34, when we see that sort of pricing on an artist’s own
> website, we do not think “gosh, this is a good deal” but rather “what
> we previously thought was a person/band is actually a marketing
> department, and they’re subtly telling us they think we’re idiots.”
> Present a straightforward price, let fans pay more if they want, and
> they’ll reward you.'

I concur with everything you have said here.  I'm a fairly long time
user of Squeezebox/LMS (2007), but never got into streaming or all the
various plugins for the platform, until I discovered http://archive.org
and it's treasure trove of live performances.
Then in 2013 discovered a guitarist by the name of Buckethead, who
released all of his new music on Bandcamp - and that's when my next
musical adventure began  I beleive I tried the LMS plugin but it wasn't
working for me, so I just dropped it.

Then this spring I saw a post about an updated Band's Campout plugin and
gave it a try.
Alas, it still seemed that the BC plugin didn't quite work for me, so I
posted 'this'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108401-Announce-Band-s-Campout-1-5-0&p=907117&viewfull=1#post907117)

That's when 'Captain Fantastic', AKA Babelfish's Best Boy, AKA Michael
Herger stepped in and the plugin went from just ok to AWESOME!!!

He truly is a HUGE asset to this community, and I believe still the only
one 'on the inside' at Logitech doing his part to keep the platform
alive for all of us.
So I encourage everyone to give him a big shout out, and to visit his
page 'here' (http://www.herger.net/slim/) and click the link at the
bottom of the page to show your appreciation.

*Player: *1 x Transporter w/Trans-knob, 2 x Touch (Active, 3 x Spares),
4 x Boom (Active, 9 x Spares)
*Server: *1 x Win Server (ESXi 6.x) w/LMS, 1 x HP 24" Touch Screen PC
w/LMS & SqueezePlay
*Control: *4 x w/iPeng, 1 x Samsung Note 4, 3ea x Fire 7", 8” tablets, 1
x 10" all w/SqueezeCtrl & Player (Angry Goat)
*Audio: *Mark Levinson 23.5 Amp, 380s Pre, 390s CD, B&W 801 II, Acoustic
Energy AE-2 signature, SOTA Sapphire table

Computer geek/tech hoarder(!), and DAMN I love the LMS/Squeeze
infrastructure!