slartibartfast wrote:
> Strange thing is all the other 5 live listen again programs I tried play
> correctly. Fighting talk plays in the BBC iPlayer app using the URL
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001dh5
>
> Which redirects to
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0001dh5
>
> When opened in a browser.
>
> Maybe the BBC will get it right next week.
>

> Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My thoughts from observation of the similar previous events and are just
my guesses.
* The BBCiPlayer feed is "refreshed " about 4 times a day from a
database which has changed since it was setup so extra shim layers have
been added making is less reliable than original implementation.
* The Web UI is up to date with "Listen Again" program within a very
short time of a program  been broadcast so the BBCiPlayer feed is a
"secondary" feed.
* These problems show up when a program has been changed/edited after it
has appeared in "Listen Again" for example - end of program cut off,
events since broadcast make some parts inappropriate, legal threats
(e.g. News Quiz). I think when a program is edited - it takes a while
for changes in PID to migrate into older feeds and may now need manual
help.
* The Web UI gets the new version immeditalely by BBCiPlayer feed get
correct sometimes within 24 hrs but other times 2-3 days (Weekdend ?).
* The "Programmes" API ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes ) has been
effectively been rebranded as "Sounds" - it seems to be a bit of window
dressing - lets users download programms as part of new BBC Sounds
approach "personalise" etrc. It also gets around BBC promise to shut
down Programmes API