Well, you asked for it... :-) And I have turned it off.

I was just surprised myself how much data 700 playlists would generate: when you want to browse your 700 playlists, Spotty will have to download 100MB of data or more. Just to get that list! Sure, data should be compressed during transfer, but still, that's quite a bit of data.

Now I found something interesting. The spotify web player does not show
the lists either. Something with the backend perhaps..?

Yeah, might be.

This is one playlist that I can't find:
spotify:user:spotify: playlist:37i9dQZF1DWZwtERXCS82H

And another one that I for sure have seen in the list because I have
used it a lot during the passed months.
spotify:user:spotify: playlist:37i9dQZF1DX4xuWVBs4FgJ

None of these would be in the data returned by Spotify's API. I must assume it's a problem/limitation on their end.

--

Michael