Hi,

Has anyone else had an issue where mp3 files cannot be played on a
Homepod? Other files play correctly, but mp3 files load but there is no
audio and the log files throw out an error:

[18-12-11 17:26:42.8385] Slim::Player::Song::open (409) Error: Couldn't
create command line for mp3 playback for
[file:///[serverpath]/Five%20Hundred%20Miles.mp3]

I believe it has to do with the lack of a proper transcoding rule for
MP3 to PCM or ALAC - I tried a few custom-convert.conf entries like:

Code:
--------------------
    mp3 pcm * *
  # FT
  [lame] --mp3input --decode -t --silent $FILE$ -

but this didn't work. These same files play on Squeezebox Touches,
piCore Audio players, and Squeezebox Radios that I have in the house,
but not the homepod. I haven't tested on Airplay 1 speakers but I did
have the same problem where mp3 files didn't play on my Mac running
AirServer which is essentially an Airplay 1 speaker in disguise.

Any suggestions?