The idea is still very ... immature. I run Squeezebox voice control with
the 'alexa-squeezebox integration'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107009-Announce-squeeze-alexa-DIY-secure-Alexa-integration&highlight=alexa),
but currently there's no support for controlling Spotty. I was asking
myself if it would be possible to extend it, so I can ask for songs,
playlists, moods etc. from Spotify. That would require to send the
appropriate commands via CLI. I was playing with it, but couldn't find a
way to use the CLI to send commands to Spotty, e.g. to search or play a
song. Any example or pointing me to the right direction would help. But
perhaps I'm completely wrong ;-)

Somebody just brought to my attention that there was a "Spotty" skill for Alexa, which allowed to control the SB using the plugin of the same name. Maybe you can give this a try?

--

Michael