wt0 wrote:
> Have you updated your device to a newer version of Android within the
> last few months? Android has been progressively become more draconian
> about shutting down background processes and network connections to save
> power.  What is likely happening is that when Squeeze Ctrl has been in
> the background for a while, the system is either suspending the app or
> it's network connection, so when you bring it back to the foreground the
> app has to reconnect and the default player will be chosen.
>
> Check that battery optimization is still disabled for Squeeze Ctrl and
> "Always Connected" is still enabled in Squeeze Ctrl.
>
> Also there maybe some power saving options on your device that you can
> tweak.

Unfortunately, I don't think these are solutions.

The disconnect from the current player, and reversion to the default
player, happens instantly, as soon as there is navigation away from the
focus on the current player. If I minimize to check email, if I let it
sit long enough for the pre-set sleep to happen, whatever. The instant
the the focus is away from the current player, everything reverts to the
default.

Of course, I maintain my mobile at current-version. I don't think it's
an Android issue.

One of the reasons is that the problem seems to arise only with
SqueezeCntrl. I bought Orange Squeeze years ago, still installed,
although I much prefer SqueezeCntrl, including that it's still supported
(thank you, thank you, thank you). I decided to fire up Orange Squeeze,
and it stlll works fine, aside from its faults. It never lost focus on
the current player at all. On my mobile I'm using it with SqueezePlayer,
without problem, as there are no problems with using it on other
secondary players.

So, I'm kind of at a loss. The issue really does much reduce my
listening enjoyment. It's quite possible, perhaps probably, that there
is something I could do to solve the problem, something I'm currently
doing wrong, but I just don't know what it could be.

R.

LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm
speakers
Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
Radio (WiFi) - home office
Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used),
Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
Touch x 1 - spare
UE Radio x 1 - spare
Boom x 1 - spare