expectingtofly wrote:
> So that is the problem,  I don't know if this is intentional by the BBC,
> It could be that the AOD feed only points to broadcast versions whether
> they are available or not.  If it is intentional, then it will never be
> fixed.

I recall reading somwhere on a BBC blog the AOD feed was developed and
is maintained by 3rd parties and that it used data from a database which
is spearate from the one used for Web and App.  As this application is
now "old" and I thin part of the original infrastructire has changed,
BBC are probably doing their best to keep ti going as I believe is used
by some other vendors so BBC can't shut it down but also may explain the
7 day restriction. So problem may not be intentional but also it may
never be fixable.

> It would be possible to fix it at the plugin end (if it is desirable to
> do so).  A failover could be coded where if the version of the media
> pointed to in the AOD feed is not available, it could call the JSON
> playlist to find out what version is available, reconstruct the media
> selector and play that.

Very messy and will have additional complications - what is wrong with
user playing the program with BBCiPlayerExtra or Podcast especially as
the same program seems to be affected - user won't bother with broken
programs on Player menu..