Roland0 wrote:
> The stat call is just to read information about files / dirs  (which you
> can do even if you don't have permissions to access it), after that, the
> process exits (and I can't even see what command the process is)
> I'm not familiar with how MIP scans work, as I haven't used it for
> years.
> Generally, identify which program is used to scan (is this done by the
> server? iirc, there's a standalone program to do this), and run this
> program directly with strace -o miptrace.log -f <cmd>
> Usually, lines like
> open("/storage/file.flac", O_RDONLY) = 3
> and subsequent <read(3,> lines referencing the file descriptor (3 in
> this example)
> will be of interest

Thanks for all the help. I might be at a dead end though.  Running
mipcore (the fingerprinting program) seems to work fine.  It
successfully reads the file I give it and creates a fingerprint file.
So it seems that something in the main MusicMagicServer application is
not reading that directory properly (and therefore not passing any files
off to mipcore for fingerprinting).  I might try creating a small C
program that calls stat64 w/ the given path to see what it does, but
without the MusicMagicServer source, probably won't be able to fix any
calls.  I really appreciate all your help and info in trying to debug
this though!