bpa wrote:
> It looks like squeezlite running as admin cannot access Alsa "default"
>

> You should check what Alsa devices are available to squeezelite running
> as admin (i.,e. repeat marcoc1712 test)
>
> edit
>
> If you can add "-o hw:0,0" to Local player instance - "hw"  tends to
> bypass ALsa special devices
>
> edit 2:
>
> What options appear in the "Output device debugging" of Local Player
> Settings

Ok, so I discovered that the rights for the audio devices was changed
back during boot. So then it didn't work again. Messy solutions ahead,
so I decided for the least messy one.
Made a script that runs after startup as root, starting the patched
squeezelite directly, bypassing Local Player plugin. Synology has a nice
"Task Scheduler" feature to handle this. Problem solved.

Thanks a lot for your patience and kind assistance to help me out here.
Also big thanks to ralphy, Bosse and marcoc1712, couldn't have done it
without you. You are all great people! :)