sternenjaeger wrote:
> May i ask why you suspect the integer size as the cause? I'am by no
> means a perl expert but from what i've read perl skalars should always
> be big enough for at least 32bit integers.

Only because it is a significant number that lays between the long
tracks that were reported as working and not working - and knowing the
Squeezebox stuff tends to use seconds when passing duration information
around.
Also, there is more than Perl involved here.

You could try issuing a cli command to request Status while it is
playing and see what is in the tags.
>From the docs, something like this:
a5:41:d2:cd:cd:05 status 0 2 tags:<LF>
where you replace the MAC address at the start with the right one for
the player that it is playing on.

Paul Webster
http://dabdig.blogspot.com
Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin