mherger wrote:
> > Also...
> > What happened to the Grid display for Albums, New Music etc? All I
> get
>
> This indeed is a consequence of using the index bar: it seems impossible
>
> for the underlying library to handle the grid view while dynamically
> rendering items. I'm still torn between keeping the index bar vs. going
>
> back to have a grid view... (you can enable using the A-Z grouping)

You can also have the grid be used for an artist's albums. It's just the
non-recycling view is too slow to load more than 300 items in one go.
Previously paging was used - ie load 100, scroll, load next 100 - but
people complained this was too slow. Hence the A..Z groups. I -could-
add paging from the loaded list for the grid, as per previous releases.
However, this would mean; a) the text key cannot be used (not without
more work), and b) all items would be part of the HMTL DOM. All in all,
for me, that's not worth it.

p.s. I've almost finished implementeing CometD support (in the
-23-cometd- branch). Had to make some hacks to the cometd.js library.
I'm considering adding this into the 0.5.0 release too. But perhaps wait
for the 0.6.0 release?