farrina wrote:
> Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::__ANON__ (418) Closing stream - Fetch MPD
> error HTTP status = 403 Reason: Forbidden
>
> which I assume is because my UK VPN IP has been blacklisted by the
> provider.
>
> I am unaware of a reliable way around this issue (unless anyone knows
> otherwise?) and I don't want to play "wack a mole" playing around with
> different VPN's.

BBC uses two CDNs to deliver their services: Akamai and Limelight.  The
BBCiPlayer menu "normally" choose akamai.  As a test you can try the
"Listen Live alt CDN" to use the Limelight CDN.  One user of NORD VPN
found akamai delivered services blocked but Limelight wasn't.

I can't offer any other advice on firewall setup as plugin use of
http/https is standard (i.e. out on 80).   Plugin uses additional
connections for metadata. There are "common" names on the CDNs services
URLs and the metadata but it can get messy as often they are redirected.