philippe_44 wrote:
> Good grief! The Bose UPnP implementation is such a cluster f... If I
> happen to know who wrote it, I'll make sure to never use them!!!
>
> When it receives a 'stop' request, it pauses ... wtf?
> I'm not sure what to do now, I have to think about it if I should try to
> send another stop command ... but still, that will mess up the bridge

Of course Bose is the guilty and it's a shame, after all, BOSE is not a
small company.
Bose must know about the problem since 2016 and nothing happens. There
own app works but the UI is terrible.

The only external app which works with Bose is 'HIFI-Cast'.

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/DLNA-Solved/td-p/145090

But it seems to be not a solution here > Problem of what HiFiCast does is that
it's totally non-standard and it
> might be fine when used standalone, but will not work well for a bridge.

For the layman it seems hard to understand that a seemingly simple jump
to the next title is an unsolvable problem because of a lousy DLNA
implementation.
Frustrating.

I think that the effort to get this running is out of proportion, so we
better stop now.

Unless you still get an enlightenment. :D:D:D

Many thanks for your time and investigation.

Sven