diego wrote:
> Many thanks to Philippe, for checking my API key.
>
> Just for other users: I believe that the guide here 'here'
> (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?87731-Announce-YouTube-Plugin&p=857234&viewfull=1#post857234)
> will not fit all situations. At least myself, when creating a new key, I
> never came to the choices mentionned in the guide, where I could select
> "Browser key" or to the point where I could "enable" the key. Instead,
> searching, at some point, I got to a page where I could choose among
> different google services, and I activated "YouTube Data API v3". And I
> guess that's what made my key work. Anyway, my skills are not the ones
> of a software developper, and as I don't actually understand, what an
> "API" is, I guess that's why I easily get confused on that google
> developper's platform (might apply to other common users, too, I guess).
>
> Now, the plugin seems to work, I see video titles and thumbnails, I even
> managed to connect to my own google/youtube account (anyway, it was
> again not easy, this time, because copy-pasting keys between google and
> the app would produce a space). Anyway, everything works - formally
> speaking...
>
> However, playing does not really work. When I select a video, it starts
> to play after a long delay and interrupts after a short while. It looks
> like an bandwith-issue and the plugin seems to interrupt in order to
> re-buffer. However, I can play the same video without problems on the pc
> that runs LMS, so even though I am "only" connected to the internet over
> a mobile 4G+ - network, normally this connections does everything,
> including video streaming, without limitations, so I don't understand
> why this would be a problem for the youtube plugin of LMS:
>
> Thanks again, Philippe, for your much appreciated help!

I know the API thingy is not trivial and I wish I could remove the need
of creating one, as it should only be a developer problem and there is a
need for only one key for everybody. Unfortunately, it has to go up to
the user for some non-technical reasons. Maybe one day somebody will
want to share his ...

Regarding interruptions, I would really recommend you upgrade you LMS

AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5