froggy999 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I cannot manage to make the plug in work, no device are found.
> It seems that on my LMS the plug is not able to generate the xml config
> file. I have tried many time to generate one but nothing happens.
>
> My config: LMS 7.9.1 running on a Netgear readynas ultra (x86) with the
> latest plug in automatically updated.
> All devices (Nas, Squeezebox,Linn Kiko streamer, etc) are on the same
> ethernet network without any router restrictions. The Linn Kiko I wish
> to attach to LMS is, of course, perfectly integrated in the network (it
> works fine on is own with minimserver running on the Nas too).
>
> I accessed my Nas' folder via ssh (see picture) to monitor what's going
> on when using the plug in.  I believe that no device are the cause of
> the problem.
> What I found is that no xml files are created at any time; but I can
> create one by command line on the Nas; then, I oddly can erase this file
> from the plug in interface.
> I am ok to bypass the create button on the interface, but I have
> absolutly no clue of what to put inside this config file.
>

> please help .
> cheers,
> Froggy
>
> 27353
Do you have any firewall at all set up?  I found that if minimserver is
running it can grab the usual UPnP ports (including 49152) and then LMS
can't get through the firewall on different ones if they are closed (at
least that was my experience).  If you do have a firewall on, try
running with it off, however briefly. You might also try stopping
minimserver and restarting the UPnP bridge to see if that helps.

The config file is described in great detail in the user guide, accessed
from the UPnP settings page, but I doubt that will help until you get
LMS to at least detect your Kiko.

If still stuck you need to supply a log file so philippe can take a
look.

LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps.  2
Touchs & EDO.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz
CR603 UPnP renderers.
Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.