Michael: I'm really liking the 'Text files from music folder' feature.
Is that new, or have I just noticed it?  Either way, thanks for this.

It's been there for a while.

Back when LMS supported <a href> tags imbedded in lyrics tags, this
served me well.  Clicking on the song lyrics would open the bio.html
page in such a way that the css was correctly rendered.  But some time
ago, the lyrics rendering in the webUI stopped supporting <a href>
tags.

I had to stop rendering HTML (or any content from external sources) for security reasons: somebody could inject JavaScript to be executed on your computer in metadata, or web pages.

The MAI 'Text files from music folder' feature works nearly as well,
with the bio.html page loading in a separate browser window.
Unfortunately for me, though, the css file at "../../music.css" isn't
available and the html renders with default formatting.

Yeah, that's an unfortunate side-effect. As I'm using custom URLs to render the local files, links likely won't work any more.

The URL of the webpage that pops up when I use Text files from music
folder->bio.html is:

http://squeezenas-mini:9000/mai/localfile/bbfa6a6aca9ab3ea6b5c70cb01bb1fed/bio.html

Is there any place that I can create a link so that music.css would be
available from that /localfile/ virtual folder?  I'd rather not have to
edit 1000 bio.html pages if I don't have to.

Could you please send me a bunch of sample files (html & CSS and whatever else)? When I created these file handlers it was mostly about PDF or text files. HTML is a different beast with its dependencies on other files (CSS or images or scripts), unfortunately... Maybe I could go all the way of "embedding" the linked resources into the file served by LMS...

--

Michael