mavit wrote:
> If SourceForge is unavoidable, you could try increasing the timeout.  I
> think this is Settings → Advanced → Network → Radio
> Station Timeout.

Thank you, I've never thought, or needed, to fiddle with that in the
past, mine is sitting at the system default of 15 seconds. It does seem
that the 'Radio Station Timeout' is applied as a default generally
across all http requests, and it certainly appears to apply to the
extensions down-loader.

I think, at present, I am characterizing SourceForge as 'patchy'. It
does sometimes yield a result within that 15 seconds, sometimes not.