I THINK its because I have artist tagged as "Derek & The Dominos"
whereas ChartLyrics shows "Derek & the Dominos".

Case sensitivity certainly shouldn't cause any issue. That's something I've hopefully dealt with long before...

In relation to the Album review AllMusic has "Layla and Other Assorted
Love Songs" - & for "and"

"and" vs. "&" otoh is a bit harder to deal with. My matching isn't really smart. I'll probably have to add some more checks for this use case. But it'll slow down processing, as it'll need to do more lookups on the services. Because all of them aren't smart either...

Michael