ralphy wrote:
> Sorry, lame is for mp3 transcoding at the server level not within
> localplayer.
>
> You can replace the old squeezelite-osx 1.5 binary with a current one
> has all the codecs built into the binary.  There's no need to download
> the codec dynamic libraries separately.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/squeezelite/osx/intel/squeezelite-1.9.2.1165-osx-intel.tar.gz/download
>
> Extract the tar file and replace the localplayer squeezelite-osx binary
> with squeezelite/bin/squeezelite
>
> You can remove the lame binary or move it into the LMS
> /Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Bin/darwin
> folder that matches your architecture.

This is fantastic!  would it be possible to give exact path for the
squeezelite-osx binary (as you did for the old lame in PreferencePanes)?
My Spotlight isn't finding it and it seems I'm easily confused, maybe
something to do with squeezelite vs squeezelite + local player...or
maybe it's within the same PreferencePanes path?

Many many thanks