cpd73 wrote:
> This -looks- like an encoding issue, perhaps with LMS. I've just created
> a folder with "ö" on my system to test, and it is working fine. However,
> this is on Ubuntu 19.04 with LMS 7.9.2.
>
> I'd guess what is happening is that the badly encoded character is
> breaking the JSON parsing of the response - do you get any errors logged
> in the console tab of your browser's developer tools? Even so, this
> response is from LMS, and if it is badly encoded the issue is with LMS.
Yep, I have other albums with the same character that works fine. I
realize the response is from LMS, that's why I wasn't sure where things
went wrong, it seems the Standard skin handles BMF in a rather different
way since it can deal with this album.
Still, it's odd that the "isfolder" field also is wrong in the reply. No
errors in the console though.

Found another album with Motörhead in another directory tree that was
also affected, and also an album with Mötley Crüe. Seems LMS enforces a
strict rule, if you have "mëtäl ümläüts" in your band name you've used
up your allowance and can't have it in album names too. Will do a bit of
experimenting to see if I can establish a strict pattern.