Ron F. wrote:
> I notice that the overflow menus, (those which are activated by clicking
> on a button with three vertical dots,) generally do not close unless I
> select an item or click on some empty part of the browser window, or the
> very top of the active menu, above the first item in the list. There is
> one exception I know of - the Settings button in the top-right corner of
> the material/desktop display which will close by using the Esc key.
> Would it be possible to work material so that it can close any active
> menu in the desktop display by using the Esc key? In this way, a menu
> can be viewed and easily cancelled.

This appears to be a quirk with the toolkit I'm using (vuetifyjs). If a
menu is 'activated' by a button, then keyboard navigation and close
works - otherwise not. *Only* th emain top-right menu is like this. Each
dotted button in the lists/grids is not actually linked to a button.
When you click on one of these, I intercept the click, populate the
menu, and show at the relevant coordinates. Seems that pressing 'Esc'
here (or arrow up/down) does nothing. I've even checked on the vuetify
site (https://v15.vuetifyjs.com/en/components/menus) and you can see the
same issue.