HappyStreamer wrote:
> The DS115j has only 256MB of RAM...
>
> If you are really looking for the optimal machine: Invest in a new NAS,
> is what I would recommend. The Synology LMS package is as stable as it
> gets, as far as I've seen. Something like a DS216+ runs absolutely
> splendid, and should be available for a relatively good price by now.
> Keeping the data and server on one machine also eliminates the need for
> an extra device in the network.
Thank you very much for your input!!
I thought that it has 512mb ... not that this is sufficient!!

The elimination of the extra device as you say is very important in my
opinion too.
So I guess the best option is to remain with the current setup until I
can get a more efficient NAS.

Would this be an option? :
https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-hc2-home-cloud-two/
Can LMS be installed in this?

As it seems LMS is quite of a load for a mashine. In DS115j I have
installed and used for quite some time Minimserver which didn’t seem to
stress the nas so much. It was responding satisfactorily and I didn’t
have problem steaming even 384KHz or DSD files to my rpi. Also the
library scan (or rescans) was/are made in very decent times. I do not
want to make a debate Minimserver vs LMS here .. just mentioning my
experience!

Main system: Synology
DS115j/MacMini[SSD_8GB](LMS)/RPi3B+[LPS](piCore)/M2Tech EvoDAC
Two+[LPS]/Densen DM20&30/Spendor SP2/3E
Head-Fi: Schiit Vali2/Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Alum/Audeze Sine.