kosmonaut_75 wrote:
> I listen mostly to classical music. I tagged my files with values like
> "instrument", "soloist" or "orchestra", "composition". So far, I have
> failed to integrate these tags in LMS via Custom Scan and Custom Browse.
> All these tags are not listed in the mpd id3 standard.
> My question: Is Custom Scan plugin limited to MP3 ID3 standard??

To answer your question: No.

- You have to configure Custom Scan to scan these customs tags:
  Settings / Plugins / Custom Scan / Settings Section: Modules Settings
  Cutom Tag / Tags to scan: INSTRUMENT,SOLOIST etc.
- Then you have to configure Custom Browse to make use of these tags:
  Settings / Plugins / Custom Browse / Settings Section: Manage menus /
  Create new menu / Mixed Tags
- Build your custom menu
- Enable your custom menu: Settings / Plugins / Custom Browse /
  Settings Section: Enabled menus

You will have to do a rescan. Two actually, the normal scan and the
custom scan (unless you changed something, it will start after the
normal scan is finished.) You can see if the custom scan is still
running here:

Settings / Plugins / Custom Scan / Settings Section / Manage Scanning

You want to use a tag "RECORDING" to distinguish recordings, 'see here'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?110708-Native-support-for-classical-music-tags&p=947498&viewfull=1#post947498).

Suggested menus:

COMPOSER / WORK / RECORDING
GENRE / COMPOSER / WORK / RECORDING
ARTIST / ALBUM (several works on one disc)
ARTIST / COMPOSER / WORK / RECORDING

I use the first three all the time.

If you use Multilibrary and your menus are empty, wipe the cache and do
a rescan. Sometimes a new ID is assigned to the libraries that messes up
everything.

QLMS 7.9.2@2.04 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D /
QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4