Decided to give Tidal a try and quickly noticed that my old SQB classic
have problems with playing Tidal FLAC's without glitches and
stuttering.

Q ; is the Tidal plugin even supposed to work with the old SQB classic?

Yes, it should work. Alas...

If it is, what could be done to have it play the flac stream correctly?

the problem with the Classic and streaming FLAC is its minuscule buffer compared to the Touch. It can only buffer very few seconds of audio data. The slightest hiccup in your connection (or the player's) can lead to re-buffering and hiccups.

I'm not using LMS since that is the whole idea for me, ie not have to
rely on running a home server. I also tested with the player connected
ta LMS (7.9.2.somthing) but it makes no difference.

LMS would allow you to use "proxied streaming". In this setup the audio data would be proxied through your LMS, which gives a somewhat improved behaviour.

Also worth mentioning is that it seems that it's not all files that
doesn't play correctly. But playing the same "problem" files again and
again show the same stuttering + there's no difference if I connect by
wire or wifi .

I think there have been issues with some FLAC files using a really high compression. Maybe you could give us the track's URL so somebody can verify?

--

Michael